About the competition
To mark the International Literacy Day (8 September), we are launching a story writing competition for Iraqi students in grades 5 and 6. The aim of the competition is to give primary school students a chance to make their voices heard on the International Literacy Day.
The competition starts on 22 August 2019 and closes on 7 September 2019.
Note: the competition was meant to end on 4 September. However, the deadline has been extended to 7 September.
How to participate
To take part, parents or educators of the young storytellers must follow these steps:
- Encourage your child or student to write a story of a maximum of 430 words, in Arabic, or Kurdish.
- Participating student’s parent should fill the competition registration form (downloadable below).
- Download and read the competition terms and conditions (downloadable below).
- Send the following documents as a message to the Capacity Building in Primary and Secondary Education Facebook page:
- A clear photo of the handwritten story. The story should include the student’s name and school (if applicable).
- Filled and signed copy of the competition registration form.
- A photo of the student with his story and the poster photo of the competition (printed on an A4).
Any entries missing any of the above documents will be automatically disqualified from entering the competition.
We will select three winners and they will each get an #am_not_leaving_school enrolment campaign prize pack, which contains:
- A shirt
- A colouring book
- A bracelet, a pin, and stickers
Announcing the winners
The names of the three winners will be announced on the Capacity Building in Primary and Secondary Education Facebook page on 8 September 2019. Don’t forget to visit the page on that day to know if your child/student is one of the lucky winners.