Through higher education, young citizens gain a wider understanding of both their country and the world around them.
Our globally recognised Internationalising Higher Education programme in Iraq links us with partners in the UK, government universities and the Ministry of Higher Education. It supports local universities to develp expertise in the areas of:
- quality assurance
- academic research
- employability and career development
- leadership and management.
As part of this programme we aim to:
- enhance the quality of universities in Iraq through our work with the Ministry of Higher Education and UK partners
- encourage local and international discussion and debate around higher education issues and challenges
- expose staff and students from universities in Iraq to UK approaches to higher education and research
- support government policies for increased growth in employment through skills-based qualifications
- take part in professional networks and dialogue that promote the sharing of information and ideas.
The programme has opened doors for the local universities to showcase our expertise internationally. We’ve recently had the opportunity to:
- Participate in a study visit to the UK to strengthen the links between universities in the two countries
- Host representatives from UK universities, who came to scope and consult around potential partnership with local universities.
Read more about our activities on the British Council International Higher Education website.
Contact us for more information about our work with the programme or to find out how you can take part in our events and activities.