Project Manager - TAHAWER
This post will support the Team Leader in the delivery of components of the EU-funded TAHAWER project in Iraq granted to the British Council through a grant agreement for implementation to the value of Euro 4.85 million over three years.
|Salary||Basic Salary 2041$ + Security Allowance 300$|
|Closing date||Tuesday, 04 December 2018|
* Provide support to the Team Leader on the overall delivery and management of the project through all stages of implementation to achieve agreed outcomes and outputs in logical framework (theory of change) to a high quality.
* Manage inputs of project delivery partners and international and national consultants to agreed standards according to the schedule
* Ensuring that project is managed to EC and British Council standards
* Support the team leader to prepare technical reports (including financial reporting) for the European Commission and the Steering Committee and represents the action therein
* Ensuring sound financial management and planning aspects of the project: working with the Finance Manager to oversee external and internal reporting, budget management & forecasting and client (i.e. the EU) invoicing.
* Support the development and management of senior relationships with the EC, key agencies, partners and individuals, as required, to support the achievement of the project plan
* Ensuring events management (including all debates) and logistical arrangements are delivered effectively and to British Council standards and expectations
* Support the team leader in evaluating a range of geo-political and operational risks and make appropriate changes to plans and/or resourcing, as necessary, to mitigate potential difficulties and optimise performance.
* Identifying and sharing lessons learnt, areas of innovation and best practice for continuous improvement of the project and wider internal teams.
How to apply
Please click on the link below to apply for the vacancy. Applications sent after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Please be advised that applications sent via e-mail and Facebook will NOT be considered.
Note: Please search for "Iraq" using the Country bar option, deadline for receiving applications is December 4, 2018.