Book your exam online or at our office and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|IELTS Academic - paper-based or on computer||295 USD||Book now|
|IELTS General Training - paper-based or on computer||295 USD||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||295 USD||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||205 USD||Book now|
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a form of a valid passport at hand. Please note you will have to present the same passport that you use for registration on test day. A different, invalid or expired passport will not be accepted, and you will not be allowed to sit the test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent from a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply online (above).
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer. Bank Key 0011 SWIFT Code TRIQIQBAXXX - Account Name :British Council / Exams Account Number : 0011-004678-002 - Currency: USD. In the Reference section of your payment please write: [IELTS / family name / city / test date].
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt and a copy of your passport via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the customer care department in order to complete the registration.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation course Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.