Book your exam online or at our office and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|IELTS Academic - paper-based or on computer
|IELTS General Training - paper-based or on computer
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a form of a valid passport at hand. Please note you will have to present the same passport that you use for registration on test day. A different, invalid or expired passport will not be accepted, and you will not be allowed to sit the test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent from a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply online (above).
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer. Bank Key 0011 SWIFT Code TRIQIQBAXXX - Account Name :British Council / Exams Account Number : 0011-004678-002 - Currency: USD. In the Reference section of your payment please write: [IELTS / family name / city / test date].
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt and a copy of your passport via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the customer care department in order to complete the registration.
Paying for your test
- For the UKVI test, you can apply and pay online or at any TBI bank branch.
- For standard IELTS we only accept USD payments. You can pay for your test either through online payment when registering for a test or by cash USD payment at TBI or through Paytabs.
- If you wish to pay for your test through online payment, please follow the below steps:
- You can Log into the Test Taker portal to pay the fees using the following link: https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org/login
- Choose “your test and results” then click on the exam date.
- Choose Payments then click on pay online at the bottom of the page
- Enter your credit card number.
- If you wish to pay for your test through cash payment at any TBI branch in Iraq, you will need to provide the teller with the below details:
British Council / Exams
Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt to email@example.com.
- If you wish to pay by Paytabs using Debit/Credit card, please send us an email or call us through our phone number: +964 790 191 1971 after booking the test online.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS Ready: Premium.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.